18 May 2021
Asus ROG Phone II (ZS660KL) has received a new update that adds a couple of new things and enables support fr many other things. In addition to these, the update also brings the December security patch. First and foremost, it brings support for VoLTE for the T-Mobile network in the US and BSNL in India.
Furthermore, the update that has the version 17.0240.2012.65 also brings support for 90fps gameplay on PUBG Mobile. The update has also added support for the Kunai 3 Gamepad Controller on the Asus ROG Phone II. The update has also fixed the issue where WhatsApp call could crash the application.
Below is the complete changelog –
- Android security patch update to 2020-12
- Added support for the Kunai 3 Gamepad Controller
- Add “Auto activation of lock touch function” in Game Genie, where the lock touch function will be turned on after a few minutes when idle in-game.
- Support India BSNL VOLTE
- Support US T-Mobile VOLTE
- Support for 90 FPS in PUBG Mobile
- Fixed issue where WhatsApp call could crash the application
- Fixed issue where notifications would not pop up when using Teams
Asus reminds you the update is fed in patches, so it might take some time to reach you. You can, however, check if your device has received the update by following this path – Go Settings > System > Check for updates. If the firmware is available, you just have to tap on it and the phone will start updating.
Asus has also provided the option to update the firmware manually. In that case, you just have to follow the link provided below. If you want a guide on the same, you can tap on the source link below and know what steps Asus have recommended.