11 January 2021
It is update time for OnePlus Nord users as the team has started pushing out the first OxygenOS 11 Open Beta build. It is based on the latest Android 11, the first major upgrade for the smartphone. The announcement regarding the release was made just a couple of days ago and it is already here.
The OnePlus Nord OxygenOS 11 Open Beta build is currently available for Indian and Global variants. If you own a European variant of the phone, you will have to wait for a little more while. It is a beta version which means it goes without saying that there are likely to be bugs and performance issues. The job of a beta tester is to use the beta build and report issues as well as share feedback to make the software experience better.
This is the reason we would suggest you proceed with the beta build installation only if you understand what you are getting into. You will need to have at least 3GB of storage space and a 30% battery level to get started. It is also recommended that you keep a data backup before the upgrade package installation as it can result in a data wipe in some cases. OnePlus has also explained steps for rolling back to the stable version if you do not wish to continue as a beta tester after using it for a while.
Here is the detailed changelog for OnePlus Nord OxygenOS 11 Android 11 upgrade:
- Update to Android 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve user experience
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path：Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Newly added 10 new clock styles ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster