23 March 2021
After a long wait, OnePlus has finally released OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro Android 11 open beta builds. The development began months ago but the team hit a roadblock when it encountered major technical issues. It seems like those issues have now been resolved as the beta build is now ready for public testing.
It is worth noting despite those issues getting fixed, it is still a beta version and is likely to have bugs and performance hiccups. This is the reason we would suggest you install the build on your smartphone only if you know what you are getting into. These builds are meant to be tested so that testers can share feedback.
Here are some of the known issues:
- Potential risks of increased power consumption and instability.
- In some conditions, the Gallery app might be slower to load and some pictures may not be displayed in the Gallery.\
- The devices (earphones, speaker,s etc.) connected through Bluetooth may not be able to play sound occasionally.
- Brightness adjustment may lag in some conditions.
OnePlus has explained the steps for installing the OxygenOS 11 beta build if you are interested in becoming a tester. The team is recommending that you keep a complete data backup before proceeding. This is to ensure that you do not lose any important stuff if something goes wrong during the installation.
Here is the official OnePlus 7T/7T Pro OxygenOS 11 open beta changelog:
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path：Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Always-On-Display feature is under internal test and will be released in subsequent versions. In this build, you can use the "Ambient Display" by picking up your phone or tapping the screen, it can be turned on in the Settings.
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster