19 April 2021
OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7T series are receiving one last Android 10-based stable update. The latest software update does not bring any new features but it does bring a couple of improvements alongside the January security patch.
The changelog is common for both series that includes OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, and OnePlus 7T Pro. The update is OxygenOS 10.3.8 update and is being pushed to the OnePlus 7 (Global and India) and OnePlus 7T/7TPro India only, while the latter’s equivalent EU and Global models will receive their respective updates shortly later.
Below is the complete changelog –
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01
- Updated GMS package to 2020.09 (except 7 Pro 5G EU)
- Improved the stability of the system (7 Pro 5G EU)
This is a phased rollout and will take time to available to everyone. It will first be rolled out to a small number of users, followed by a wider roll-out in the coming days. If you want to see if your listed device has received the OTA update then simply head over to the Settings and look for “System Update” inside the System settings. If the update has arrived, you will see it right on the screen after following these steps.
This is the last Android 10-based update for the OnePlus 7T series and it comes after OnePlus started testing the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 with the beta testers on OnePlus 7T. So, after this update, the owners of the OnePlus 7T series will receive the Android 11 finally. However, the exact release date is unknown but since early adopters are testing it already, we believe the day is not too far when the phones will receive their major Android OS upgrade.
- The OnePlus 7T Pro isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The OnePlus 7T isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The OnePlus 7 isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The OnePlus 7 Pro isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.