30 March 2021
Xiaomi has launched a new member to its existing Mi 10 series in China. The new phone called Mi 10S borrows some specifications from the Mi 10 5G smartphone that launched back in February 2020. But the rear panel looks like an amalgamation of Mi 10T Pro and Mi 11 designs. There is a rectangular camera module on the back and a nested module is further housing three sensors inside it. In total, the Xiaomi Mi 10S has four cameras on the back.
The Xiaomi Mi 10S has a curved display and the hole punch stays at the top-left corner of the screen. The primary sensor on the back is 108MP, capable of 8K recording. The Mi 10S features Harman Kardon tuned dual linear stereo speakers that can offer a 360-degree surround sound experience. Xiaomi also touts that the device has already recorded 80 points in the audio benchmarks of DxOMark.
- 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 90Hz refresh rate, Gorilla Glass 5 panel
- Snapdragon 870 processor
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 256GB UFS 3.0 storage
- 108MP main sensor+ 13MP ultrawide lens, 2MP maco lens+ 2MP depth lens; support for 8K video shooting at 30fps
- 20MP selfie camera
- MIUI 12 based Android 11 OS
- 4,780mAh battery with 33W wired fast-charging, 30W wireless charging support
- In-screen fingerprint scanner, dual SIM support, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, dual-frequency GPS, NFC, IR blaster, X-axis linear motor, and USB-C
The price of the Mi 10S starts at 3,299 yuan ($506) if you go for the base model (8GB/128GB). Next up, the 8GB/256GB model costs 3,499 yuan ($537), and the highest configuration model with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage costs 3,799 yuan ($583). It comes in black, blue, and white color options.
The Mi 10S is now up for pre-orders in China. The first sale is scheduled to take place at 10 am on March 12. Customers who pre-order the device will get a 30W wireless charger. It is currently unknown if Xiaomi has planned the global availability of the Mi 10S.