06 April 2021
Oppo has introduced a new member called the Reno5 F to its Reno5 family. The existing series including Reno5, Reno 5Pro, and Reno5 Pro+ went official last year in December. The Reno5 F did make its debut at the same stage but the company didn’t reveal much about it. The phone was, however, made available for pre-orders in Kenya in February this year.
Now, the company has taken the curtains off the full specifications. The Oppo Reno5 F features a 6.43-inch AMOLED display with a top-left punch-hole. The display offers FHD+ resolution and supports a 60Hz refresh rate with a 135Hz touch sampling rate and 800 nits of maximum brightness. The phone has an in-display fingerprint scanner.
On the back, the phone carries four cameras and all of them are housed inside a rectangular module. The back of the phone shows a blend of two colors – purple and pink, in a gradient color effect.
The rear cameras support AI Scene Enhancement 2.0 that automatically recognizes 20 kinds of scenes and enhances color and saturation for each one. They support 4K video recording at 30fps, 1080p at 30fps, and 720p at 30fps.
- 6.43-inch AMOLED FHD+ display
- MediaTek Helio P95 processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- 48MP with f/1.7+ 8MP ultrawide lens with 119-degree FOV+ 2MP mono +2MP macro lens
- 32MP selfie camera
- ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11 OS
- 4,310mAh battery with 30W VOOC Charge
- Wi-Fi 2.4GHz, Wi-Fi 5.1GHz, Wi-Fi 5.8GHz, Wi-Fi display, Bluetooth 5.1, USB Type-C, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Geomagnetic sensor, Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Gravity Sensor, Gyroscope
The OPPO Reno5 F is priced at KES 31,499 (~$287) in Kenya. It comes in Fluid Black and Fantastic Purple color options.