15 March 2021
Android 11 update has now started rolling out for the Zenfone 7 and the Zenfone 7 Pro phones. The update is rolling out in Taiwan and we assume it will come out globally soon as well, just like it rolled out for Zenfone 6 users in January after the availability in Taiwan in December.
The new build number is 220.127.116.11 and the update includes the latest March 2021 security patch as well. It is rolling out to both the ZenFone 7 (ZS670KS) and the ZenFone 7 Pro (ZS671KS) in Taiwan. The Android 11 update brings many new features, along with ZenUI-specific changes.
Below is the complete changelog –
- Upgrade system to Android 11
- Update applications such as smart housekeeper, contact person, phone, file management, computer, clock, picture library, weather, recording program, settings, one-key switch and local backup
- Support one-time permissions, improved file access permission control, automatic reset permissions and other privacy functions
- Supports maintaining Bluetooth connection when flying mode is turned on
- Adjusted to the Android 11 notification bar style, support for displaying notifications of ongoing conversations
- The classic power button style supports Android 11 device control and Google Pay.
- Added the use of buttons to adjust the volume and return to advanced gesture settings. Adjust the style and automatically switch the color setting of the system. Remove one-handed mode.
- Notification settings Added notification records and dialog settings
- Adjust the quick setting panel interface and support media control. Added nearby sharing option (need to be added manually)
- Some third-party software is not yet compatible with Android 11
- Please backup your data before upgrading. If you want to downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10, you can use the official software package, but all data will be erased
- The system update “Wi-Fi automatic download and installation” setting is turned on by default
Asus started recruiting beta testers for the Zenfone 7-series Android 11 update in September last year, so technically, it took the company six months to roll out the stable version to the users.
The rollout is happening in batches, which means it will first reach a handful of Zenfone 7 and Zenfone 7 Pro units and then to more and more users gradually. We expect the global release will soon happen as well.