14 September 2021
Apple has listed the name of all the eligible devices in the series under the “Android” column on the same page where it enlists existing Apple products for trade-in. The Galaxy Note 20 holds the biggest estimated trade-in value - $425. You can avail $350 if you trade-in your Google Pixel 5. Also, the Google Pixel 4a for a value of up to $180.
As pointed out by MacRumors, Apple has also updated the maximum trade-in value of almost all other Android phones.
- Samsung Galaxy S20+: $305, down $10
- Samsung Galaxy S20: $230, down $10
- Samsung Galaxy S10+: $250, up $30
- Samsung Galaxy S10: $180, down $5
- Samsung Galaxy S10e: $190, up $45
- Samsung Galaxy S9+: $145, up $35
- Samsung Galaxy S9: $125, up $35
- Samsung Galaxy S8+: $100, up $30
- Samsung Galaxy S8: $80, up $25
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10: $260, down $10
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8: $75, down $5
- Google Pixel 4 XL: $200, down $20
- Google Pixel 4: $170, down $15
- Google Pixel 3 XL: $80, down $10
- Google Pixel 3a: $70, up $20
Here's how to do it?
The customers just need to answer a few questions regarding the brand, model, and condition of the device, and based on these questions, Apple will find out the estimated trade-in value. Apple will then take your device and out the value based on the condition on a Gift Card that you can use anytime.
You can trade-in an eligible device either in a store or online. If you choose to go in the store, Apple will give you instant credit toward a purchase or a Gift Card you can use anytime. And, if you go for the online medium, you have to send your old eligible device to Apple in case you purchase a new Apple product. Once it receives your device, it will inspect it and verify its conditions and set a trade-in value. Apple will credit your original purchase method and send you any remaining balance on an Apple Gift Card by email. Also, if you choose to trade-in your old device online for a Gift Card, Apple will send you a Gift Card.
If you’re an Android user and your device is not mentioned in the list of phones eligible for Apple’s trade-in program then you can send your device to Apple for recycling and participate in making the environment greener.