11 May 2021
OnePlus 9-series has received the OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 that brings many system-level optimizations and some improvements to the camera app. The update has come for both – OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro phones. This is the fourth update since the launch of the smartphones. The last update came as a hotfix to resolve the overheating issues.
Together with several enhancements, the OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 update also updates the security level to April 2021.
Talking first about the system-level improvements, the update has improved the charging stability and sensitivity of the keyboard in the edge area. It has also fixed the issue that the battery icon in the status bar is abnormally displayed.
The update has also updated the white balance consistency of the rear camera. It also fixes known issues and improves system stability.
Below is the complete changelog –
- Improved charging stability
- Improved the sensitivity of the keyboard in the edge area
- Improved the temperature control strategy
- Fixed the issue that the battery icon in the status bar is abnormally displayed
- Fixed the small probability issue that Google Fi SIM card can not accept incoming calls
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.04
- Updated GMS package to 2021.03
- Improved the image purity and the ambiance performance
- Improved the white balance consistency of the rear camera
- Improved image over-sharpening of the rear camera
The size of the update is 350MB. This is an incremental OTA update which means it will first roll out to a small percentage of users and a wider rollout will follow later.