21 May 2021
The pricing for the Spotify Premium subscription plan has been increased in select regions around the world. These include the United States, the United Kingdom, and a few European countries. The good thing for the US users is that new prices affect only the Family plan but for everyone else, other plans have also seen a bump.
Spotify has been spotted sending emails to affected users alerting them about the change. The mail mentions the name of the plan that the particular user is subscribed to. It then reveals the new pricing along with old pricing so that they can see the price difference. The new prices will be effective from April 30th but to existing subscribers, Spotify is offering an additional month at the older prices.
Spotify Premium plans in the UK:
- Duo is now £13.99 instead of £12.99
- Family is now £16.99 instead of £14.99
- Student is now £5.99 instead of £4.99
Spotify Premium plans in the EU:
- Duo is now €12.99 instead of €11.99
- Family is now €17.99 instead of €14.99
- Student is now €5.99 instead of €4.99
Spotify Premium plan in the US:
- Family is now $15.99 instead of $14.99
In addition to these changes, Spotify is reportedly working on introducing a podcast subscription next week. It will most likely be an optional plan for those who want access to some extra content that is not available for free.