29 June 2021
Moto G Stylus 5G has gone official in the US after days of waiting. The phone is a 5G variant of the Moto G Stylus (2021) that debuted in January this year. The new phone gets the Snapdragon 480 processor with 6GB RAM, compared to the 4G model.
The new Moto G Stylus (2021) 5G retains the 6.8-inch Full HD+ display and the hole punch for the 16MP selfie shooter. However, there is a little change in the arrangement of quad cameras on the back panel. The camera setup includes a squarish model in which the four sensors are sitting in a 2x2 matrix fashion.
Also, the configuration of these cameras is also the same, though with a slight change compared to the setup in the original Moto G Stylus (2021). The primary sensor is 48MP with an f/1.7 lens, followed by an 8MP ultra-wide-angle, 5MP macro shooter (instead of 2MP), and a 2MP depth sensor. The battery capacity has also been increased to 5,000mAh but it still supports only 10W charging.
- 6.8-inch Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) punch-hole display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 processor
- 6GB of RAM
- 128GB onboard storage
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.7 aperture, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, a 5-megapixel macro sensor with f/2.2 aperture, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16-megapixel front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Android 11
- 5,000mAh battery with 10W fast charging
- 5G, dual-band Wi-Fi, GPS/ A-GPS, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a USB Type-C port
The price of the Moto G Stylus (2021) 5G is $399 for the 6GB RAM+256GB storage model. It comes in single Cosmic Emerald color. The phone will go on sale from June 14 in the US. It is unknown if the device will be launched in other markets.