01 July 2021
The Chinese smartphone giant Xiaomi entered the foldable smartphone segment earlier this year. It debuted Mi MIX Fold in China as the company's first foldable phone but just a few months late, it is reportedly to release a second offering. The rumors suggest that the second Xiaomi foldable is pretty much similar to the first one barring few differences.
The leak has been shared by Digital Chat Station, a well-known Weibo-based tipster from China. The second-gen Xiaomi foldable is tipped to get official during the fourth quarter of the year. It will have the same inwards folding mechanism as the original foldable as well as the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2. The main display of the phone i.e. the one on the inside will be supplied by Samsung.
The choice of processor is said to be the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888, a flagship chipset for premium smartphones. It is another thing that is unchanged between the two devices. The triple camera setup is reported to be headlined by a 108-megapixel sensor along with a liquid lens for 3X zoom and an ultra-wide sensor.
If we have to talk about the original Mi MIX Fold, here is what it brought to the table:
- 8.01-inch WQHD+ flexible OLED primary display with HDR10+, Dolby Vision, and 60Hz refresh rate
- 6.5-inch external AMOLED display (2520 x 480 pixels) with 90Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
- 12GB and 16GB of RAM
- 256GB and 512GB of storage
- Triple cameras: 108MP primary sensor, 13MP ultra-wide-angle sensor, and a liquid lens
- 5,020mAh battery with 67W wired fast charging
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10