31 August 2021
Samsung has started pushing out the August 2021 security patch for Galaxy Fold 5G. It is the second Galaxy smartphone after the Galaxy A52 to receive the latest available security update. Since it is simply a security-focused update, there are no new features or any major changes to talk about.
The latest Galaxy Fold 5G firmware bears the version number F907BXXS5EUG1. It is reported that the update includes fixes for 40 different vulnerabilities which makes it an essential one to install. Two of these fixes have been released by Samsung and the remaining 38 fixes are from Google.
The update is confirmed to be releasing at least in the United Kingdom. It should become available across other regions sooner than later. While an update notification should arrive automatically once it lands on your particular unit, you can always check for it manually. It can be done by visiting Settings -> Software Update. It is advised that you are connected to WiFi for downloading the update and have at least 50% battery for the installation step.
117.9 x 160.9 x 17 mm
7.3 inches - 2152x1536 px
- 7.3-inch QXGA+ (2152 x 1236 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display (Unfolded, on the inside)
- 4.6-inch HD+ (1680 x 720 pixels) Super AMOLED display (Folded, on the outside)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
- 12GB of RAM
- 512GB internal storage
- 16-megapixel with f/2.2 aperture, 12-megapixel with f/1.5-f/2.4 aperture, and 12-megapixel with f/2.4 aperture rear cameras
- 10-megapixel with f/2.2 aperture and 8-megapixel with f/1.9 aperture selfie cameras
- 10-megapixel with f/2.2 aperture cover selfie camera
- 4380mAh battery (4G LTE) and 4235mAh battery (5G)
- Android 9 Pie