16 May 2019
Oukitel, a China-based mobile device manufacturer has launched a new rugged smartphone called the Oukitel WP15 5G. Apart from being tough and resilient, the phone gets some limelight due to its gigantic battery capacity that is 15,600mAH. The company claims the phone can last up to 1,300 hours on standby and last for four days of average usage.
The Oukitel WP155G has passed through several certifications and test standards to prove its worth. It is also MIL-STD-810G rated, which makes shock resistant. Also, it is IP68 rated to sustain underwater pressure at 1.5m depth for up to 30 minutes. It is also IP69K certified to withstand high temperature and pressure.
- 6.52-inch HD+ Incell IPS display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB storage, with expansion up to 256GB (hybrid microSD card slot)
- Triple rear cameras – 48MP main sensor with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP microlens, 0.3MP bokeh lens
- 8MP front-facing lens with f/2.0 lens
- Android 11 OS
- 15,600mAh battery with 18W fast-charging support
- USB Type-C port, Bluetooth v5.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Dual 5G, Wi-Fi Direct, and NFC
The price of the Oukitel WP15 5G is $299.99 for the sole 8GB RAM and 128GB storage model. It comes in a single Classic Black color with a carbon fiber texture design. The phone is up for grabs via AliExpress. The first 100 buyers will get a free Oukitel V10 smartwatch, whereas the next 300 buyers (101-600) will get free TWS earbuds (model unspecified).