24 January 2022
We are barely three days away from welcoming the new year and if we talk about the Japanese culture, the upcoming 2022 is believed to be the Year of the Tiger. Apple has now unveiled AirTag and Beats Studio Buds special edition variants to celebrate the Japanese New Year. It has also announced free gift cards up to JPY 24,000 for Japanese buyers who will buy new Apple products on January 2nd and 3rd, 2022.
Starting with the limited edition AirTag, it will be available only for the first 20,000 customers who choose to buy the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, or iPhone SE. This new edition AirTag features a Tiger emoji that makes it different from your standard ones. It is important to note that the buyer must purchase an eligible iPhone directly from the Apple store.
The special edition Beats Studio Buds have been launched in a Red and Gold color combination. The Golden color resembles Tiger stripes which is again a nod to the Year of the Tiger. We do not know the pricing of these special edition buds but these will go on sale starting January 1st and only in Japan.
Lastly, here are gift card benefits for buying Apple products:
- JPY 6,000 (about $52) on buying iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, or iPhone SE
- JPY 9,000 (about $78) on buying AirPods (2nd and 3rd Gen), AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max
- JPY 6,000 (about $52) on buying Apple Watch SE or Apple Watch Series 3
- JPY 12,000 (about $105) on buying an 11-inch iPad Pro or 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- JPY 24,000 (about $210) on buying MacBook Air, 13-inch MacBook Pro, Mac mini, or 27-inch iMac