19 September 2022
Google has officially released the Android 13 stable build for Pixel devices. It has arrived after a number of beta releases that allowed beta testers to provide feedback about the new Android version. This also happens to be a relatively early release as Android 12 arrived in October and Android 11 was released in September.
The list of eligible Pixel devices includes the Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 4 XL, and Pixel 4a. It is an over-the-air update release and should become available on your particular unit anytime soon. One can also check for the update manually by visiting the system settings. If you do not see a new update download after all these attempts, it is advised that you wait.
Google says Android 13 will become available to other OEM devices later this year. These include the likes of Samsung Galaxy, Asus, HMD (Nokia phones), iQOO, Motorola, OnePlus, Oppo, Realme, Sharp, Sony, Tecno, Vivo, and Xiaomi. It will be up to a particular OEM to decide when they want to release the latest Android version for what model.
Android 13 Key Features:
- Non-Google apps can now be matched to the phone's wallpaper theme and colors
- Choose app language on a per-app basis
- Updated media player that adapts its look on the basis of currently playing music/podcast
- Customize Bedtime mode with wallpaper dimming and dark theme
- Choose to share specific media files with apps instead of the whole gallery
- Automatic deletion of sensitive copied data like the phone number, login credentials, and email addresses from the clipboard
- Apps will have to ask for permission before sending alerts and notifications
- Spatial Audio support on compatible headphones
- Stream messaging apps directly to a Chromebook for sending and receiving messages via the notebook
- Bluetooth Low Energy support
- Copy content on a clipboard on a smartphone and paste it onto a tablet
- Improved multitasking experience on tablets. Easily see all the apps at a glance and simply drag and drop to enter split mode with a particular app
- Tablets will now register palm and stylus pen as separate touches