26 September 2022
Asus debuted Zenfone 9 as the newest compact Android flagship last month. It comes with the Android 12 operating system but the good thing is that the company has already kicked off the Android 13 beta program. It seems like Asus wants to be one of the first at releasing the latest Android version for its devices.
The beta program will allow interested users to test a new software experience ahead of its stable release. Anyone with the Zenfone 9 can submit their application by visiting Settings > System > Software update. Tap the settings icon in the top right corner and choose Enroll in the beta test program option. It will show you the conditions to which you need to agree and then fill up a form to become a beta tester.
It should be noted that beta builds are quite unstable and are not meant to be used on one's primary device. There can be performance issues and bugs that may make it difficult to use a device on daily basis. This is why we would suggest you proceed with beta testing on your main device only if you are okay with running into such issues. Otherwise, you can just wait until the stable build arrives.
- 5.9-inch Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED punch-hole display with 120Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor
- 8GB and 16GB of RAM
- 128GB and 256GB onboard storage
- Dual rear cameras: 50-megapixel Sony IMX766 primary sensor with f/1.9 aperture and a 12-megapixel Sony IMX363 sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 12-megapixel selfie camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 4,300mAh battery with 30W fast charging
- ZenUI based on Android 12