23 November 2022
Vivo has officially launched the much-awaited Vivo X Fold+ in China. As the name suggests, it is a foldable and is an improved version of the Vivo X Fold that debuted months ago. The phone comes loaded with a new processor, a bigger battery, and a faster-charging speed. There is also a new color option available with the Plus variant.
The Vivo X Fold+ is powered by the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor. Qualcomm claims that this new chipset will deliver 10% faster performance while being 30% power efficient as compared to the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. The battery capacity has been increased to 4,730mAh from 4,600mAh. Even the fast charging speed has been increased which is now at 80W from 65W. It will deliver 70% of the charge within 18 minutes and a full charge in 35 minutes. These changes are claimed to deliver 2 hours longer video playback.
All other specifications are unchanged:
- 8-inch OLED LTPO primary display (2160 x 1916 pixels) with 1-120Hz refresh rate and 6.53-inch AMOLED cover display (2520 x 1080 pixels)
- 50-megapixel sensor with f/1.75 aperture, a 48-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, a 12-megapixel depth sensor, and an 8-megapixel periscope sensor with 5x optical zoom.
- 16-megapixel front camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Under-display fingerprint scanner
- OriginOS Ocean with Android 12
The Vivo X Fold+ is available in two configurations: 12GB RAM with 256GB storage and 12GB RAM with 512GB storage. These are priced at CNY 9,999 (about $1,396) and CNY 10,999 (about $1,536) respectively. There are no words if the foldable will be made available outside China.