16 December 2022
Realme has officially begun rolling out the latest Android 13 update to the Realme 9 Pro and Realme 9 5i 5G. The update will arrive in the form of the Realme UI 4.0 which is the newest version of the custom Android skin. The announcement was made via a Realme Community post detailing all the changes.
The first thing to note is that users should be running RMX3471_11.A.47, RMX3471_11.A.45, RMX3471_11.A.43, or RMX3471_11.A.41 for receiving the update. As for the update itself, the firmware version is RMX3612_11.C.08 for the Realme 9 Pro and RMX3612_11.C.04 for the Realme 9i 5G. It is a gradual release which means some users will receive it faster than others. It will reach 15% of users first and then, a wider rollout is expected to take place by the end of the month.
You can check for the update by visiting the system settings followed by the software update setting. If it is available for your device, you should an option to download and install the update. Realme has mentioned you may experience a slight difference in performance right after the update installation. This is due to the phone performing different actions like application adaptation, background optimization, and security scanning. It says one should either leave it for 5 hours after a full charge or keep using it for three days normally and then, it should start performing as expected.
Here is the official changelog:
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default
- You can search content online and on your device.
- Adds Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
- Optimizes Private Safe
- The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children's vision.
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios