02 May 2019
Just a few days back Google announced a Wear OS version 2.2 also known as update H for smartwatches, it looks like Google is rolling out a newer version of Wear OS already. Though this update just brings in bug fixes and reduces battery usage.
This new update is already rolling out to a handful of smartwatches including Montblanc Summit 2 and Fossil Sport apart from a few Mobvoi TicWatch S users. Though Google has not released the changelog yet, however, the Home App has been updated to version 2.21 from 2.20, but Play services and security patches haven’t got any update.
The previous version unlike this incremental update brought changes like battery saver mode, improved off body efficiency, smart app resume, and more.
Developer notes for Wear OS 2.3 shared on Reddit by a user
- Reduced usability in home screen.
- Fixed increased responsiveness in the previous update. Added lag when using OK, Google.
- Reduced battery usage by 10% in ambient mode. We are still optimizing the low-level code.
- Introduced per-pixel burn in for AMOLED screens (still in beta).
- Added support for 4100 chipsets.
Have you got this update on your Android WearOS powered smartwatch? Let us know