04 September 2019
OnePlus has released new OxygenOS Open beta builds to OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T smartphones. The Open Beta 23 comes to the OnePlus 6 and the Open Beta 15 for the OnePlus 6T smartphone. There release notes are same and they both gain the DC dimming feature and there’s a brand new UI design as well.
The DC dimming feature will avoid OLED display panel’s screen flickering when the display brightness is set to low. The flickering becomes noticeable in particularly low brightness, so to handle it, the DC dimming feature will bring a balanced-out way so that it won’t affect your panel.
Another notable addition is more options for resolution, fps, and bit rate added to screen recording. As noted by several users, their OnePlus 6/6T devices can now record the screens at 60fps. Apart from these features and enhancements, the updates bring general bug fixes and stability improvements.
Below is the complete changelog –
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
- Screen Recorder
- Hide floating widget while recording
- More options added for resolution, fps and bit rate
- OnePlus Laboratory
- Brand new UI design
- Added DC dimming feature
- Added popular cities for search suggestions
In case, you’re not running open beta software and would like to then refer to the flashing instructions provided by OnePlus on its forums. But remember once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs and no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
- The OnePlus 6T isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The OnePlus 6 is available at Amazon for $ 299. The price/quality is good and this is the best device in this price range.