12 September 2019
With the release of Android 10, many OEMs have updated their smartphones and to name some, we have Essential, OnePlus, and even Xiaomi on the list. It’s great to see that companies are becoming serious about the importance of software and security upgrades. We wish to see more companies joining in sooner.
Well, as mentioned, OnePlus is one such non-Pixel device to get the Android 10 and the beta version has started rolling out for its OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro smartphones and the stable release will hit at the end of this month.
The Android 10 based OxygenOS Open Beta for the two devices brings so many features and the changelog is quite big to inform you that. There are a brand new UI design and new customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings.
The update adds a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps. Below is the complete changelog. See to check what new features are coming.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Supported intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings - Display - Ambient Display - Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages - Spam - Settings -Blocking settings)
Also, it’s obvious to expect some issues since it’s a beta update and OnePlus also mentions in the changelog that there can be application issues, though there’s a low probability of system lag and stability issues. But do keep in mind that this a beta software and these builds aren’t as stable as the official OTAs.
OnePlus instructs on how to upgrade from developer preview to beta update. You can head over to the source link provided below and get.
- The OnePlus 7 isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The OnePlus 7 Pro is available at Amazon Marketplace for $ 529.