01 November 2019
OnePlus has released the OxygenOS Open Beta 4 to OnePlus 7 series, starting with the OnePlus 7 Pro. Going by the changelog, there are mostly fixes for System and Phone, though you would also learn a few new features other than optimizations.
The update comes after the Beta 3 update which landed just twelve days back, but it’s good to note that OnePlus is polishing things out.
The OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 7 fixes the issue of the accidental muting of a vehicle navigation system with a Bluetooth connection. It also fixes the disabling of mobile data after an upgrade.
Interspersed between optimizations and improvements are a few features, including new weather source and iCloud data transfer support to transfer iPhone data. Some UI tweaks are also coming, like a newly expanded dial pad in the Phone app and an updated UI in OnePlus’ Calculator app.
Below is the complete changelog –
- Fixed the screen flashing issue with setup while adding the fingerprint
- Fixed the issue of the accidental muting of a vehicle navigation system with a Bluetooth connection
- Fixed the disabling of mobile data after an upgrade
- Optimized visual effects of the permission's pop-up window
- Optimized the black and white screen issues with some apps
- Improved system stability and fixed other known issues
- Added the "Raise to lower the ringtone" feature in Sounds & Vibration for incoming calls
- Enabled efficient addition of unknown numbers to contacts
- Optimized the description for the features
- Expanded the dial pad area to avoid mis-touches
- Optimized the message sorting feature by verification code
- Optimized UI and interactive experience
- OnePlus Switch
- Supported transfer of iPhone data through iCloud
- Added The Weather Channel as a data source for accurate weather data
The update is first rolling out to the OnePlus 7 Pro devices and the OnePlus 7 will get it later, by next week. Do remember that this is a beta update and may include some instabilities that could lead to some issues.