11 December 2017
It’s December which means it is now the time for the year-end lists. YouTube has now posted a list of the most-watched ads on its platform this year titled “2017 YouTube Ads Leaderboard.”
Superbowl ads are always one of the most watched ads and this year three of the ads have made the list. They include the Budweiser’s “Born the Hard Way,”Kia’s “Hero’s Journey” and Mr. Clean’s “Cleaner of Your Dreams.”
YouTube mentions that out of the 10 ads, eight of them feature story-driven narratives told by celebrities, which include Natalie Portman and Dwayne Johnson. As per the company, Dude Perfect’s ‘Ping Pong Trick Shots 3,” which ranked No. 3 on the list, saw the highest engagement of all ads with 3 million likes and 393,000 comments.
No longer constrained by traditional ad lengths, ads are becoming the new cinema, with the videos on this year’s list totalling more than double the total time of last year’s top ads.
Let’s take a look at the countdown of the most watched ads on YouTube in 2017:
10. Mr. Clean | Cleaner of Your Dream | 17.6M views
9. Levi’s “Circles” Commercial | Full | 22.3M views
8. iPhone 7 | The Rock x Siri Dominate the Day | Apple | 25.3M views
7. Adidas Originals | Original is never finished | 25.4M views
6. 2017 Kia Niro | “Hero’s Journey” starring Melissa McCarthy | 25.9M views
5. Budweiser 2017 Super Bowl Commercial | “Born The Hard Way” | 28.5M views
4. Miss Dior | The new Eau de Parfum | 43M views
3. Ping Pong Trick Shots 3 | Dude Perfect (sponsored by Oreo) | 90.6M views
2. Clash Royale | The Last Second (Official Commercial) | 110.7M views
1. Samsung India Service (SVC) | 150.3M views