26 July 2016
Nokia Listings is a local marketplace on mobile where users can discover and transact with other users using a simple mobile client interface. The client is intended for the average emerging market user on a mid-end (Series 40) phone. So it works via SMS if GPRS is not enabled on the device.
This beta version of the service is available for India with India content. The client will work in other geographies over HTTP but not all features may be functional.
Nokia Listings is designed for three major categories of listings:
- Buy & Sell - Find or post items for sale
- Jobs - Find or post a job
- Local Services - Access or advertise services such as auto repairs, driver services, plumbers, etc.
Nokia Listings Features :
The product supports listings for "Jobs", "Buy and Sell" and "Local Services" as described below:
- Jobs: As an employer, you can post jobs and review candidates who have applied for the job. As a job seeker you can search for jobs by category, location and salary, and apply.
- Buy and Sell: You can search and post items (mobile phones, bikes, etc) that you are looking to buy or sell. You can contact seller or buyer by calling or by sending an SMS.
- Local Services: You can search for service providers like plumbers, architects, lawyers, etc in your locality. As a local service provider, you can list on the marketplace and be found by potential customers.
There are no fees for using the service except SMS and data charges from your operator.
Nokia Listings Availabiity and Mobile Phones supported
At present the service is available for India. We currently have listings data for Bangalore (India) in the categories of Jobs, Mobile Phones,Autos and Local Services. However you can create listings in all the available categories. We will add more listings content over the next few months. Our goal is to create a vibrant community of buyers, seller, local businesses, employers, and job seekers on this marketplace.
Nokia Listings works on recent Series 40 phones. Nokia Listings supported mobile phones are : Nokia 2700 Classic, 2730 Classic, 3120 Classic, Nokia 5130 XpressMusic, 5310 XpressMusic, Nokia 5330 Xpressmusic, Nokia 5610, Nokia 6300i, Nokia 6303, Nokia X3, Nokia C3, etc. The client will work on non-touch S60 phones like E63, E71, E72, etc with but the experience may be sub-optimal on some of these devices.