24 April 2018
We all use WhatsApp messaging service quite frequently and stay connected with our friends. Many times we reply to the WhatsApp messages from just the notifications. But, due to some reasons, these notifications don’t come timely and hence we miss getting them. Almost every one of us has experienced this issue that delays the messages and the only way to see whether you’ve received any message is to open the WhatsApp application. Opening the app to check if any message has come is really annoying. There could be important messages that need to be replied on time but due to this issue users miss out reading and responding to them at the earliest.
Now, before you read the solution to it or how to fix WhatsApp delayed messages. You should know why these delays actually happen.
Well, there can be many reasons that prevent WhatsApp messages to be delivered on time. So, it’s difficult to tell exactly what’s causing your messages to come or send on time. But, the first and foremost reason could be a poor internet connection that is causing your message to be delivered and received on time. Also, not receiving the WhatsApp notification on time could be due to the restriction of background data use. This setting stops the app to sync data in the background over the mobile data connection.
How to ensure the prompt delivery of WhatsApp messages and notifications
So, I am writing here several troubleshooting ways that you can try and bring those timely WhatsApp notifications pop up on time back for you.
- First off, Reboot your device
- Check your internet connection, if it’s unstable then try switching to Wi-Fi
- Go to Settings > Tap Data Usage > Tap Mobile data usage > Select WhatsApp > Tap Background data (demoed on OnePlus 3T running Android 8.0 Oreo)
- If you still find the issue in getting app notification timely then try deleting the app cache, which you can do by following the steps – Settings > Apps> WhatsApp > Storage > Clear Cache (this can take some time).
- You can also reset the app preferences by going to your phone's Settings app > Apps > Menu Button > Reset app preferences. (When you relaunch the WhatsApp, it will show you only contact numbers. Don't worry, just click, little icon present on the right-hand side of the app, this will refresh your contact list )
- WhatsApp via its FAQ section also tells you to log from WhatsApp Web by going to WhatsApp > Menu Button > WhatsApp Web > Logout from all computers if you face delaying of messages.
Do let us know if any other solution worked for you.