17 July 2019
Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has launched its gaming smartphone, the Honor Play in the global market. The smartphone has been announced at the ongoing IFA 2018 in Berlin today. The phone has been priced at 329 euros in select markets in Europe and 279 Pounds in the UK.
The phone was first launched in China in June and then was introduced in India earlier this month. The Honor Play will be available in Midnight Black, Navy Blue, and ultraviolet color options. It will also come in a limited edition Player edition Black and player edition Red color options exclusively sold through HiHonor Store for a price of 349 euros.
The handset comes with a 6.3-inch full HD display with 19:5:9 display with 2,340 x 1,080-pixel resolution and a notch at the top. The phone is powered by a Kirin 970 SoC coupled with 4GB/6GB RAM options.
On the optics part, the Honor play comes equipped with a 16-megapixel +2-megapixel dual camera set up at the back with AI recognition while a 16-megapixel front snapper is present for selfies.
The highlight of Honor Play is its GPU Turbo technology which as per Huawei, dramatically increases the graphics' processing efficiency in the smartphone, thereby helping it to churn out the best performance while playing games. This GPU Turbo is able to run heavier graphics intensive games like PUBG without going hard on the battery of the smartphones, claims Huawei.
- 6.3-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display, 85% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970, i7 co-processor, NPU, GPU Turbo (Mali-G72 MP12 GPU)
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, CAF, secondary 2MP rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, 7.1-channel Histen audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3750mAh (battery with fast charging