27 September 2018
Vivo has announced the Y97 smartphone with slim bezels, 90.3% screen-to-body ratio and a notch display. The device includes a 6.3-inch Full HD display and it’s powered by MediaTek Helio P60 processor with 4GB RAM. It comes with a 16MP rear camera along with a 2MP camera for portrait shots, AI scene recognition and a 16MP front camera with AI beautify feature.
The Vivo Y97 comes with AI face unlock and it doesn’t have a fingerprint scanner. It scans 1024 facial points to unlock the phone in 0.1 seconds and packs 3315mAH battery. It has a 3D micro-arc mirror back with gradient finish.
- 6.3-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor with ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 4.5 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary 2MP camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3315mAH battery
The Vivo Y97 comes in Black, Aurora Blue, and Rose Gold colors and it’s priced at CNY 1998 (US$290). It's already on sale in China.