21 January 2019
Xiaomi has announced it’s affordable flagship smartphone Poco F1 in South Korea. Poco is a sub-brand of the Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi and Poco F1 is its first ever smartphone which was unveiled in August in India. The phone will be available with SK Telecom, KT and LG Uplus, three of the major South Korean telecom companies.
The price of Poco F1 starts at 429,000 WON or USD 382 and will be available starting November 19 with pre-orders starting today. Though the phone is quite popular in Korea already as users have bought it from international e-commerce sites, however now it will be available in the country officially.
Talking about the specifications, the Poco F1 comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, 6GB RAM, 4000 mAh battery. In terms of storage, it comes with 64GB, 128 and 256GB storage variants.
In South Korea, the brand will face stiff competition from local manufacturers like LG and Samsung along with other Chinese smartphone makers like OPPO, Vivo, and Huawei.
- 6.18-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18.7:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB/256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory with up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, Sony IMX363 sensor, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung sensor
- 20MP front-facing camera with ƒ/2.0 aperture
- Dual 4G+ VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging