31 December 2018
ZTE’s Nubia has launched its new gaming phone – Red Magic Mars which comes with a whopping 10GB RAM and has a 6-inch Full HD 18:9 aspect ratio display. The new smartphone also includes liquid cooling and air cooling to reduce the temperature by up to 13.2 degrees and improve CPU performance by up to 70%.
The Nubia Red Magic Mars is powered by Snapdragon 845 processor and runs Android 9.0 with Redmagic OS on the top. It has a 16MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, along with an 8MP front camera with the support of the Face Unlocking.
It also packs a 3,800mAH battery with support for Neocharge fast charging. There are hardware buttons that offer 4D gaming experience with real-time recognition of the game scene. It can be bought in colors like Meteorite Black and Flame Red. There is a camouflage edition for the highest model which comes with a special fingerprint-resistant coating. The three color variants have RGB LED strip on the rear.
- 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 FHD+ In-Cell 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/10GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 128GB, 256GB internal storage,
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Redmagic OS V1.6
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF
- 8MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3800mAh battery with fast charging
The Nubia Red Magic Mars is priced at 2699 yuan (US$ 388) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 3199 yuan (US$ 460) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the top-end 10GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 3999 yuan (US$ 575). It is now available for order in China and goes on sale from December 7th.