14 March 2019
OnePlus has always attempted to stand out in a crowd. It seems like the company is continuing that trend and living up to its name of ‘Never Settle’. OnePlus has extended a PM challenge to the people in an effort to crowdsource a new feature which will be included in the next OxygenOS release. However, in order to have the best idea and pitch a possibly winning feature, the audience is going to have to put their knowledge to the test.
Almost anyone can come up with a random idea for a new feature. However, OnePlus will require more than just a shot in the dark. Every suggested feature will have to be detailed and elaborately explained, covering various questions. In fact, each idea will have to be scrutinized from the point of view of the Product Manager, providing answers to the following questions:
• Who are the users?
• What is the proposed function?
• What is the user value?
• If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
• Does it contribute to a burdenless experience?
• How will different parts of the existing OS interact with this new feature?
• What will the user experience be like? Does the current flow result in the optimal user journey?
There will only be one winning idea. The winner will be announced in mid-March and as a reward will be given VIP treatment to attend a future OnePlus launch event. Well, as expected, the winner will also receive a free OnePlus smartphone! A challenge by OnePlus doesn’t come as much of a surprise as it has done it before with its Speed Challenge as well as its Photography Challenge.