18 August 2020
Samsung Galaxy S10 has won the Best Smartphone Display Award from DisplayMate Tech and if we refer to their analyzations, the Galaxy 10 has the highest absolute color accuracy. With 1215 nit maximum brightness, the device achieves the highest A+ rating and is a 17% improvement over the Galaxy S9.
Among many other things, Samsung is well known for its one key element that mostly distinguishes its smartphones from others and it’s the impressive and top performing display. DisplayMate which believes that the display is the “crown jewel of any smartphone” says the Galaxy S10 has the "most advanced state-of-the-art OLED Display" with a full-screen design. According to DisplayMate, the Galaxy S10 has raised the bar significantly higher.
DisplayMate gives credit to Samsung for its never-ending innovation towards making the displays better than before. This time the company emphasized on improving the display hardware performance, overall picture quality, and color accuracy. And, to give one of these latest innovations to test, DisplayMate added a new set of Advanced Color Accuracy tests.
The company concludes,
Even with our new tougher grading standards and new tests, the Galaxy S10 receives 100% All Green Very Good to Excellent Ratings in All Categories, earning DisplayMate’s highest ever A+ grade.
DisplayMate measures, analyzes, and evaluates the display of the smartphones and so was done on the Galaxy S10 as well.
Here are some of the key takeaways from the report –
- Record Very High Image Contrast Accuracy and Intensity Scale Accuracy that is Visually Indistinguishable From Perfect.
- Record High Brightness Mode that is up to 17% Brighter (1,215 nits) than the Galaxy S9 in High Ambient Light.
- Record Peak Luminance, Color Accuracy and Intensity Scales that are Independent of the on-screen image content.
- Record Small Shifts in Brightness and Color with Viewing Angle, particularly White, which is the most used background color.
- Record Setting Galaxy S10 matches or sets over a dozen new Smartphone Display Performance Records, earning DisplayMate’s highest ever A+ grade.
The overall result is based on DisplayMate’s extensive Lab Tests and Measurement in categories like Display specifications, OLED Spectra, Display Power, Brightness and Contrast, Viewing Angles, and so on.
You can head over to the source link provided below and read the in-depth report by DisplayMate on Galaxy S10.