16 July 2019
OnePlus has released the OxygenOS Open Beta 31 for the OnePlus 5 and the Open Beta 29 for the OnePlus 5T smartphones. The new Open Beta builds come after almost two weeks of the last beta builds.
The new Open beta builds for the two devices bring the optimizations and improvements on the system level. OnePlus has now added a display overheating device warning and a new UI for system update has been added as well. The beta builds also fixes an issue that has been pausing the apps when using quick reply in the landscape.
The beta builds also improve the Community app for the users. There’s now an improved UI of Social page.
Below is the complete changelog for the same –
- Display overheating device warning
- New UI for system update
- Quick reply
- Supported more IM APPs for Quick Reply in landscape
- Apps don't get paused when using quick reply in landscape
- Optimized search experience by adding search field, and grouping search results in different categories
- Improved the UI of Social page
- Optimized Log recording in Bug Report section
Users on the beta channel know that beta builds are sometimes not as stable as the official OTAs. When they install the update, they accept the potential risks. Those who wish to be into the beta channel should know once migrating to the beta path, you will continue to receive Open beta OTA and official stable OTAs will not be released. And, moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash.