11 July 2019
The regular OnePlus 7 Pro variant has received a couple of important updates and the very recent one did some major improvements to the camera quality. But this doesn’t mean the company is leaving the 5G variant of the device unattended. OnePlus has now also released an update to the 5G version of the OnePlus 7 Pro to fix some important issues in software.
The latest update for the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G improves the screen touch sensitivity, optimizes DC dimming along with Double Tap to Wake and Ambient Display. The update carries the version 9.5.4 of OxygenOS and it also brings many other fixes, including the app icons failing to load after unlocking, the issue with the pop-up camera opening during an incoming video call when the screen is off.
Below is the complete changelog –
- Optimized DC dimming
- Improved touch sensitivity for the screen
- Optimized Double Tap to Wake and Ambient Display
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed issue with the pop-up camera opening for an incoming video call while the screen is off or locked
- Fixed issue with fingerprint animation persisting on the screen while unlocked successfully
- Fixed issue with app icons failing to display while unlocked successfully
The regular OnePlus 7 Pro variant received this OxygenOS 9.5.4 back in May and the update brought a couple of camera improvements but it was the last update OxygenOS 9.5.7 only that brought some major enhancements in the camera quality of the device.
In terms of specifications, the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G is identical to the regular OnePlus 7 Pro, except for the X50 LTE modem. The device was announced last month and it’s exclusive to EE in the UK. It’s designed in partnership with Qualcomm and UK telco EE.