04 September 2019
OnePlus has released the OxygenOS open beta build 21 for the OnePlus 6 and beta build 13 for the OnePlus 6T smartphones. The updates bring several improvements to Weather and Phone apps. The updates have also brought better animation for switching between the pages. There’s now improved experience when searching for contacts as well.
Inside the Weather app, the weather card for multiple cities can be rearranged or deleted by tapping or holding on them. There’s also optimized user experience and better scrolling. One of the most significant additions is the Screen Recorder which was first seen on the OnePlus 7 Pro. And, also the addition of FPS (Frame Per Second) option to give users more control over screen recording.
Below is the complete changelog –
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
- Screen Recorder
- Added FPS (Frames per second) option giving you more control over recording effects
- Improved scrolling experience for switching between pages
- Weather cards for multiple cities can now be rearranged or deleted by tapping and holding on them
- Optimized user experience by allowing you to use this app while app permission to access GPS location is disabled
- Improved animation effects when switching between pages
- Improved experience with searching for contacts
- Optimized Quick Responses for declined calls and supported editing Quick Responses
Note that these builds are sometimes not as stable as the official OTAs generally are. Those who have already flashed on Open Beta, you will receive this new build as an OTA, and if you’re not running open beta then you can refer to flashing instructions from OnePlus forums. For those who’re uninitiated, moving back to the Official OTA path from the beta path will require a full install and clean flash.