21 November 2019
Oppo Realme 5 has gained a new update that brings many new features, improvements, and optimizations to enhance the overall experience. The new firmware comes with the version number RMX1911EX_11_A.18 and it also brings along the October 2019 security patch to the smartphone.
The most prominent addition is the system-wide dark mode that consumes less power and gives less stress to the eyes. Another important feature is the video recording from the wide-angle lens. In the camera department, the update also improves the brightness of the rear main camera and optimizes low light scene shooting for rear portrait mode. It improves the preview clarity of the rear camera and optimizes the issue of noise on the subject’s face with front and rear cameras.
Below is the remaining changelog –
- Updated font change support in Theme Store
- Added realme Laboratory
- Added Dark Mode
- Added option for notification dots for updates
Notification Center and Status Bar
- Removed the reminder after hotspot has been enabled
- Added fast switch toggle between SIMs in notification center
- Swipe left or right to dismiss message notifications
- Added option to swipe down on home screen for global search or notification center
Known issue fixed
- Fixed issue of battery that cannot be fully charged
The OTA is a staged rollout which means it will be pushed randomly to a limited number of users first followed by a broader rollout.
In related news, Realme will also launch the Realme 5s, a version of the Realme 5 soon. The Realme 5s is actually the X2 Pro, according to a landing page found on Flipkart, Indian e-commerce site. The device will launch in India on November 20.