11 February 2020
OnePlus has rolled out the third system OTA update to its TVs. The update brings many new features, including a couple of notable ones, and an addition specifically for the Indian users.
The system update brings new content integration from the Indian service providers – Voot, ShemarooMe, Alt Balaji, MXPlayer. The update also brings Spotify and JioSaavn integration on its TV.
Apart from the new content streaming services integration, the update also brings the ability to disable Dolby motion smoothing which means the Dolby content can be streamed on platforms like Netflix without motion smoothing.
The update also adds Wi-Fi hotspot sharing directly to our TV using your OnePlus smartphone. The update also brings interesting support which is the Bluetooth headphone connectivity, so that you can pair your headphones or earbuds with the OnePlus TV and enjoy watching videos or listing to music. The latest update to the OnePlus TV also tweaks the picture quality for a better experience.
Below is the complete changelog –
- New Content Integration with MX Player, Voot, ShemarooMe, Alt Balaji, Spotify, JioSaavn
- Bluetooth Stereo
- New playback animation while playing music through Bluetooth stereo
- OnePlus Connect:
- OnePlus smartphone can share Hotspot to OnePlus TV
- OnePlus Connect supports up to five devices simultaneously
- PQ optimization:
- Streamlined PQ mode options
- Added color gamut conversion
- Turn off MEMC in Dolby mode
- Local Player:
- Support both embedded and external subtitle while playing local videos
- Use Prime Video button on the remote to power on/ off the TV
The update to the OnePlus TV should be rolling out to the users now.