Airtel Digital TV HD Recorder
Airtel has launched the new Airtel Digital TV HD Recorder , a 3D ready High Definition Video Recorder for its DTH service customers . Now record your favorite HD channels in HD for up to 550 hours playback time . It comes with a Free HDMI cable for connecting the recorder with your HD TV . The new customers will have to pay Rs.4,490 and the existing subscribers Rs.3,950 for the new HD video recorder .
Press Release :
Now enjoy the magic of HD on Airtel digital TV´s
3D ready HD Recorder!
- Pause, record and rewind Live TV
- Record from anywhere, anytime with Airtel´s pioneering Remote Recording feature
- Unique features of Automatic Favourites, Search and genre category sort
- Available for existing customers @ INR 3990/- and INR 4490/- for new customers
Airtel digital TV HD Recorder
- 3D ready with free HDMI cable
- Pause, record and rewind live TV
- Upto 550 hours of storage capacity
- Digital Dolby Plus 7.1 surround sound for a True Home Theatre experience
- 3 Unique, easy Disk Management modes-Automatic, Warning & Manual
- Time based, series recording feature in just two clicks using the remote
- Advanced Search by programme, by cast
- Most viewed channels that auto remembers the channels you most often view
- Multiple viewing, recording options -Watch 1 Record another, Record 2 while you watch 1 of them, Record 2 while you watch a 3rd recording
- Lock and Parental Control facility
New Delhi May 4, 2011: Extending its commitment to bringing in future ready technology for its customers, Airtel digital TV- the DTH service from Bharti Airtel - today announced the launch of its 3D ready High Definition Personal Video Recorder (HD Recorder). Retaining its pioneering Remote Recording feature, Airtel digital TV´s HD Recorder offers unique features of Automatic Favourites, Search and Genre and Category sort and is 3D ready.
The Airtel digital TV HD Recorder will be available for existing customers @ INR 3990/- and INR 4490/- for new customers. Airtel digital TV´s HD Recorder enables customers to view HD and Standard Definition (SD) Channels, Pause, Rewind, Record TV and has upto 550 hours of storage capacity.
According to Ajai Puri, Director and CEO - Airtel digital TV, Bharti Airtel, "We´ve always been at the forefront of anticipating consumer needs and using technology to meet those needs. The launch of our 3D ready HD Recorder reiterates our commitment of bringing in future ready technology for our customers. We have over 15% of our new customers in the top metros already coming in on HD, a trend that is expected to get a welcome impetus with the addition of HD Recorder to our portfolio. Due to the pressures of balancing work, travel, family needs, customers often find it tough to keep their appointments with the TV. The record form mobile and internet feature as also Series and Time Based recording will be of immense value to this set of customers, who no longer need to be worried about missing their favourite TV programmes."
The Airtel digital TV HD Recorder comes with a HDMI (High Definition Multi Media Interface) port for Video output and a HDMI Cable free along with the benefit of a true surround sound experience with the Digital Dolby Plus 7.1 feature, thus giving the viewer a complete audio-video experience on HD.
For activating the mobile recording feature, customers with Java enabled, GPRS handsets just need to send an SMS `mguide´ to 54325, from any of their 4 registered mobile numbers. On downloading the mobile recording application, customers by using their customer ID and password to log in and record shows. For recording shows over the internet, customers can use the same to login to their Self Care account www.airtel.in
To avail the service, customers can just send an SMS HDREC to 54325 or call on 12148 (airtel Mobile customers toll free) or 1860-500-6500 (tolled) or 1800-102- 8080 (toll free).