25 June 2020
Mobvoi has officially launched the TicWatch Pro 3 GPS smartwatch in India. It is the third market after the United States and the United Kingdom where this new wearable has been released. It runs on Google's Wear OS operating system and is priced towards the premium segment. There are a bunch of noteworthy features that should attract wearable lovers.
The TicWatch Pro 3 GPS sports a 1.4-inch Retina AMOLED display with 454 x 454 pixels resolution. It is an Always-on display with support for automatic brightness adjustment. It is claimed to be the world's first Wear OS smartwatch powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon Wear 4100 processor. The chipset is said to deliver high-performance while also being power-efficient at the same time. The watch further offers 1GB of RAM and 8GB of onboard storage for apps installation and data storage.
There are a bunch of custom pre-loaded apps meant to track various activities of the users:
- TicExercise: More than 10 workout modes with exercises related to outdoor running, indoor running, cycling, swimming, rowing, and mountain climbing
- TicOxygen: Measures your blood oxygen level
- TicSleep: Auto-tracking sleep quality
- TicZen: Monitors stress level by analyzing heart rate variability (HRV)
- TicBreathe: Monitors your heart rate, stress changes and helps you relax with the help of breathing training sessions
- TicHealth: One place for all metrics related to health, workouts, and calorie intake of the user
The smartwatch has in-built GPS, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC connectivity for Google Pay, and IP68 rating for dust and water resistance. It has a 577mAh battery to keep the lights on but battery life varies depending on what mode is enabled. Mobvoi has offered two modes named Smart Mode and Essential Mode. The watch is said to last for up to 72 hours and up to 45 days (standby) respectively. The first mode will let users use the smartwatch to its maximum potential and the second one is all about sticking to essentials.
If interested, the TicWatch Pro 3 GPS will cost you INR 27,999. It can be purchased through Amazon India in its sole Shadow Black color option.