26 February 2017
Microsoft has finally started taking pre-orders for the upcoming Lap Dock, a laptop-like accessory powered by the Elite x3 and Continuum, a first of its kind from HP. The accessory is part of the recently released HP Elite x3 Windows 10 product family, to be available at $599, and due on November 14.
Lap Dock Specifications
- An almost borderless 12.5-inch diagonal LED-backlit Full HD (1920 x 1080)
- Set of integrated Bang & Olufsen stereo speakers
- An integrated noise cancelling microphone
- A stereo headphone jack
- 1 USB Type-C (data; HP Elite x3 docking/charging)
- 2 USB Type-C (data; power in/out)
- Micro HDMI
- A Backlit, spill-resistant keyboard accompanied with drain; Touchpad
- Battery: 4-cell (46.5 WHr); 45W USB Type-C power adapter
- 11.37 x 7.91 x 0.54 in (289 x 201 x 13.8 mm)
- 2.30lbs (approx 1.00kg)
The Lap Dock seems to be an extremely interesting device, one we're sure to keep a vigil on, alongside the HP Elite x3 and other accessories.
Having a Lap Dock as an accessory makes perfect sense, coupled with the latest improvements to Continuum, as the experience will imitate a real laptop, far better with Redstone 2.