25 February 2017
Download Windows 7 service pack 1
Microsoft has launched the first service pack for their current desktop operating system , Windows 7 . It is the first major update for Windows 7 after its launch .
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 details :
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932)
- Download size: 73.6 MB - 892.6 MB
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is a recommended collection of updates and improvements to Windows that are combined into a single installable update. The service pack can help make your computer safer and more reliable. A typical installation will take about 30 minutes to complete, and you will have to restart your computer about halfway through the process.
Install Windows 7 SP1
If your computer is set to automatically install updates, you'll be prompted by Windows Update to install SP1. Follow the instructions on the screen. If you aren't prompted to install Windows 7 SP1, follow these steps:
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates.
- If any important updates are found, click the link to view available updates. In the list of updates, select Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB976932), and then click OK.
- Click Install updates. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
- After the installation is complete, log on to your computer at the Windows logon prompt. You might see a notification indicating whether the update was successful.
- If you disabled your antivirus software, enable it again.