19 February 2017
Microsoft has launched the new Office suite . It will replace the existing Office 2010 . The new Office is quick to install with cloud storage support and is optimized for touch devices like tablets and touchscreen AIO PC's .
The new editions in the Microsoft Office are :
- Microsoft Office 365
- Subscription based - Monthly and Yearly Plans
- 5 PC/Mac install
- Includes whole Office Suite
- Online/Offline access
- Includes ongoing access to version upgrades
- Office on Demand services - Stream full-featured Office applications to any Internet-connected Windows PC via your Microsoft account at www.office.com
- 20 GB Skydrive storage
- Quick updates at the back-end by Microsoft , New features/upgrades included
- Microsoft Office 2013
- One time license fees
- Included Office applications depends on the version bought
- 1 PC/Mac Install
- 7 GB Skydrive storage
- Offline access , key required to install
- Updates can be installed only when service pack (update) is released by Microsoft . No upgrade (new feature) will be available ever
Microsoft Office 365 Price in India
- Office 365 Home Premium (Click to buy)
- Yearly Plan - Office 365 Home Premium - Rs.4,199 per year
- Monthly Plan - Office 365 Home Premium - Rs.420 per month
Microsoft Office 2013 Price in India
- Office Home & Student 2013 Price (Click to Buy) - Rs.5,499 (one time fees)
- Includes : Microsoft Word 2013 , Microsoft Excel 2013 , Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 , Microsoft OneNote 2013
- Office Home & Business 2013 Price (Click to Buy) - Rs.13,499 (one time fees)
- Includes : Microsoft Word 2013 , Microsoft Excel 2013 , Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 , Microsoft OneNote 2013 , Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Office Professional 2013 Price (Click to Buy) - Rs.24,999 (one time fees)
- Includes : Microsoft Word 2013 , Microsoft Excel 2013 , Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 , Microsoft OneNote 2013 , Microsoft Outlook 2013 , Microsoft Publisher 2013 , Microsoft Access 2013
Those who use only one or two among all the applications of the Office suite , can also buy individual applications at the following prices :
- Microsoft Word 2013 Price - Rs.6,749
- Microsoft Excel 2013 Price - Rs.6,749
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 Price - Rs.6,749
- Microsoft OneNote 2013 Price - Rs.4,809
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 Price - Rs.6,749
- Microsoft Publisher 2013 Price - Rs.6,749
- Microsoft Access 2013 Price - Rs.6,749
- Can I install the new Microsoft Office 2013 on My Windows XP/Vista PC ?
- No . The new Office supports only Windows 7 , Windows 8 , and Apple Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later .
- Can I upgrade Office 2010 to Office 2013 ?
- No . You have to buy new Office 2013 suite at full fees irrespective of which previous office version you have
- Should I buy Office 365 or Office 2013 ?
- If you want to install office in multiple computers and need all the applications of the office (including Outlook , Publisher , and Access) , then you should go for Office 365 , otherwise the Office 2013 .
Office 365 Vs Office 2013
The new release features an intuitive design that works beautifully with touch, stylus, mouse or keyboard across new Windows devices, including tablets. The new Office is social and unlocks modern scenarios in reading, note-taking, meetings and communications and will be delivered to subscribers through a cloud service that is always up to date.
"We are taking bold steps at Microsoft," Ballmer said at the press conference in San Francisco. "The new, modern Office will deliver unparalleled productivity and flexibility for both consumers and business customers. It is a cloud service and will fully light-up when paired with Windows 8."
Office Is in the Cloud
- SkyDrive. Office saves documents to SkyDrive by default, so your content is always available across your tablet, PC and phone. Your documents are also available offline and sync when you reconnect.
- Roaming. Once signed in to Office, your personalized settings, including your most recently used files, templates and even your custom dictionary, roam with you across virtually all of your devices. Office even remembers where you last left off and brings you right back to that spot in a single click.
- Office on Demand. With a subscription, you can access Office even when you are away from your PC by streaming full-featured applications to an Internet-connected Windows-based PC.
- New subscription services. The new Office is available as a cloud-based subscription service. As subscribers, consumers automatically get future upgrades in addition to exciting cloud services including Skype world minutes and extra SkyDrive storage. Subscribers receive multiple installs for everyone in the family and across their devices.
Office Is Social
- Yammer. Yammer delivers a secure, private social network for businesses. You can sign up for free and begin using social networking instantly. Yammer offers integration with SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Stay connected. Follow people, teams, documents and sites in SharePoint. View and embed pictures, videos and Office content in your activity feeds to stay current and update your colleagues.
- People Card. Have an integrated view of your contacts everywhere in Office. The People Card includes presence information complete with pictures, status updates, contact information and activity feeds from Facebook and LinkedIn accounts.
- Skype. The new Office comes with Skype. When you subscribe, you get 60 minutes of Skype world minutes every month. Integrate Skype contacts into Lync and call or instant message anyone on Skype.
Office Unlocks New Scenarios
- Digital note-taking. Keep your notes handy in the cloud and across multiple devices with OneNote. Use what feels most natural to you - take notes with touch, pen or keyboard, or use them together and switch easily back and forth.
- Reading and markup. The Read Mode in Word provides a modern and easy-to-navigate reading experience that automatically adjusts for large and small screens. Zoom in and out of content, stream videos within documents, view revision marks and use touch to turn pages.
- Meetings. PowerPoint features a new Presenter View that privately shows your current and upcoming slides, presentation time, and speaker notes in a single glance. While presenting, you can zoom, mark up and navigate your slides with touch and stylus. Lync includes multiparty HD video with presentations, shared OneNote notebooks and a virtual whiteboard for collaborative brainstorming.
- Eighty-two-inch touch-enabled displays. Conduct more engaging meetings, presentations and lessons, whether in person or virtually, with these multitouch and stylus-enabled displays from Perceptive Pixel.
Microsoft Office 2013 Video